Week 1 – Assignment
Law Enforcement Training
Chapter 3 of Protecting the Republic examines significant differences between law enforcement training and the training techniques required in other professions. For this assignment, address the following:
- Examine three areas of law enforcement training that are unique to the profession.
- Analyze one of the training types and at least two points of liability.
- Assess whether the resulting liability following the training (i.e., firearms or arrest and control) centers on the individual officer, the organization, or both?
- Under what circumstances would a change in liability occur?
- Investigate how training minimizes liability and addresses public opinion.
The paper must be two to three pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least two scholarly sources (at least one of which can be found in the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.