You are required to post items to the course online discussion forum that add value to the topic that is covered that week linking theory to real world examples. The posts will be graded on a 20-point scale. (20 (A), 10 (C), or 0 (F)). You will receive the full 20 points for answering the questions completely in depth and creatively, you will receive 10 points for partially answering the questions, scarcely, and not critically and you will receive 0 points for not answering the questions at all or not putting forth any effort. Please observe Fortune’s World’s Greatest Leaders list of top 10 leaders (All candidates had to be currently active, so retirees or recently deceased leader such as Nelson Mandela were not considered). Please choose one of the below leaders and write your discussion post on what qualities this leader holds to have made this list.
- Pope Francis, pontiff, Catholic Church
- Angela Merkel, chancellor, Germany
- Alan Mulally, CEO, Ford Motor Co.
- Warren Buffett, CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
- Former President Bill Clinton, founder, The Clinton Foundation
- Aung San Suu Kyi, chair, National League for Democracy
- Gen. Joe Dunford, Commander, U.S. Forces, Afghanistan
- Bono, lead singer, U2
- Dalai Lama, spiritual leader of the Tibetan people
- Jeff Bezos, CEO, Amazon.com
Once you choose a leader, complete the following in order to express what leadership traits they hold and why:
- Find & Post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication for Effective Leadership (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc — that no one else in class has posted to the forum yet) related to this weeks chapter(s). No two posts can be identical.
- Analyze the object according to requirements for the week.
- Make a connection to the readings, videos or recordings for the week.
- Posts will be made in the Canvas discussion forum.
- Each post should be at least 4 paragraphs in length.
- You must respond to at least 1 other student post.