here is a sociology homework , u need done in 8 hours
In order to complete this assignment, it will be necessary to first read ch. 8 of the textbook, and view the 3-part research series on race titled “Race: The Power of an Illusion.”
Download the attached transcripts here:
Please submit your paper to this Dropbox. Your assignment is due by 11:55 PM on June 3.
Race Research Reaction Exercise (10 pts)
*In order to complete this assignment, it will be necessary to first read ch. 8 of the textbook, and read the research transcripts to “Race: The Power of an Illusion.” There are three transcripts files, about 8 pages each:
This is a 3-part reaction paper assignment. Each research segment has its own separate requirements.
- Briefly describe the American Eugenics Movement. (1 pt)
- Briefly summarize Hoffman’s extinction thesis. (1 pt)
- Discuss why biological scientists now feel that our current racial categories/classifications are inherently flawed. Provide at least one example of supporting evidence used in the film. (1 pt)
- Summarize the significant roles of both Thomas Jefferson and Louis Agassiz in the creating of scientific race. (2 pts)
- What did you find to be the most interesting and/or surprising detail from this episode, and why? (1 pt)
- What term or concept from chapter 8 do you see as most relevant to this episode, and why? (1 pt)
- What arguments were brought before the courts both the Ozawa and Thind cases? What was the court’s ruling? (2 pts)
- Discussing the Natl. appraisal system and redlining. (1 pt)