You just had Terry, one of your team members from marketing, give a presentation to the engineering group about the new product and its importance to the company’s product line. The presentation covered the launch program, giving an emphasis on the milestones and dates. The purpose was to get the engineering group’s buy-in on the prototyping approach, dates, and final production dates. After 4 slides of a 35 slide presentation, Terry was bombarded with detailed engineering-related questions about the specifications and production issues. Terry, who wasn’t prepared for such questions, got aggravated and visibly frustrated, closed down the presentation and, said, “That’s it,” and left the meeting.
Go to the Discussion Board and provide a 3–5 paragraph description that answers the following questions:
- Was Terry’s presentation appropriate for the audience?
- How could Terry have better prepared for the presentation?
- How could Terry have handled the questions?
- What should the project manager do after Terry left the room?
- What would you do differently to get the engineering group’s buy in?
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.