As you have progressed through this course, you have learned the importance of developing your scholarly voice, you have learned about critical thinking, you have practiced paraphrasing, and you are beginning to understand the importance of crediting the sources of ideas and of presenting the literature in your own words. You are still at the early stages of mastering these many skills. Luckily, Walden provides resources and tools to help you along the way.
For this Assignment, you will familiarize yourself with a tool that can aid you in avoiding plagiarism: Turnitin.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the web page “How to Read a Turnitin Report” in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Locate the Turnitin report from your Week 2 Assignment.
- Review the Similarity Index and the Match Overview.
- Review the matches in detail.
The Assignment (1–2 pages):
Describe the Turnitin report for your Assignment from Week 2:
- Provide the Similarity Index.
- List the source that constitutes the highest match with your written work.
- Explain why a high Similarity Index might not necessarily indicate plagiarism and why a low Similarity Index does not necessarily indicate a lack of plagiarism.
- Based on the review by Turnitin, what changes would you make to your paper?
- Explain how you would use Turnitin in the future to minimize issues with plagiarism.
Attached: How to Read TurnItin and WEEK 2 TurnitIn Score
Walden University. (2015b). ASC TurnItIn: Reading the Turnitin originality report. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCtii/ASCtiioriginality