What happened at the concert
the first person performed is Ivano Ascari solo then Zhao Wang performed with Ivano, then Ivano performed solo, then Neil Mueller Performed solo, then Neil and Ivano performed, they performed the three of them together at some point
1. Attend a concert from the MUS 114 Concert List – make sure that you adhere to the deadlines for attendance. Keep your concert program for reference and take notes during the concert.
2. Download the Concert Review 1 template and complete each section in detail and depth. Your responses should be recorded directly on to the document.
3. Once you have completed your response, submit the document through the assignment window on Blackboard for grading. The review is due within ONE WEEK of the concert date. Reviews that are submitted late will be penalized 5 points per day.
NOTE: DO NOT CHANGE the formatting of the document. If your submitted review does not open for the grader a grade of “zero” will be assigned.
DEADLINE: The last concert available to fulfill this assignment is Tuesday, Oct 10
Attention: Students have the option to work with a partner when attending these concerts and writing the review.
If you are working with a partner:
1. A copy of the review must be submitted by each student through their blackboard shell
2. The names of BOTH students must be printed on the review for reference and recording of grades
MUS 114 Listening Experience Fall 2018
Concert Review 1 – 50 points
*Late Reviews are assessed 5 pts per day
Section I: Introduction (10)
(1) Performance date:
(2) Describe the performance venue and stage setup:
(3) Describe the type of group/ensemble performing as well as a brief reference to the overall musical presentation:
(3) Describe your expectation regarding this concert experience:
Section II: Discussion of a song/piece you particularly enjoyed (25)
(1) Title of Piece:
(2) Compositional period/Genre:
(2) Performing Medium/Instrumentation:
(7) Discuss your overall impression of the selection you have chosen and why you enjoyed it:
(12) Reference the musical aspects of the piece including a discussion/description of three musical elements you observed during the performance of this selection:
Section III: Conclusion (10)
(3) Did you enjoy this concert experience – why or why not?
(3) Based on your expectations for this concert, how did the concert meet or disappoint those expectations?
(4) On a personal level, what will you take with you regarding this experience?
Section IV: Overall Presentation (5) *this section is completed by the grader of the review
Fair (1-2): Lacking in required content. Poor writing style for collegiate level. Responses vague and undeveloped.
Good (3-4): Good representation of required content. Good writing style for this collegiate level. Responses demonstrate good awareness and application of musical terminology.
Excellent (5): Excellent representation of required content. Excellent work for this level of collegiate writing. Responses are insightful and developed in content.