Write a proposal to your CEO proposing that your company implements a “going green” program. This proposal should include the benefits for the environment in general and the company itself in terms of corporate image and citizenship. Provide a list of strategies and the costs that might be incurred or saved for each green concept you recommend implementing. Note that there are many green ideas now, from recycling bins to allowing employees to work from home. It’s up to you to decide which works for the organization (imagined or real).
As noted above, the final product will consist of an 8- to 10-page report or proposal on a technical or business topic from the approved list in Files or your own topic with approval from your instructor. The final document includes the following.
- Title page (one page)
- Cover letter (one page, one or two paragraphs, single spaced)
- Table of contents including list of illustrations (one page)
- Executive summary (one page, two or three paragraphs, single spaced)
- Body of report or proposal using the following required sections.
- Discussion sections
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Six research sources provided on APA formatted References page (one page). All references included on the Reference page must be cited in-text.
- Technical Illustration or visual such as a chart, graph, or image that you have created or have located via academic research. This should be incorporate within the main body of the report and be mentioned in-text.
- Formatting Elements (discussed in Chapter 5 in the textbook).
- Single spacing (or 1.15), double spacing between sections and/or paragraphs
- 12-point font size for main body of writing
- Arial, Calibri, Cambria, or Times New Roman font type
- Use of headings and subheadings when appropriate
- Paragraph length of approximately five to seven sentences
- Standard 1” margins
- Ragged right justification