Please answer EACH question in 75 words A PIECE. Use references, if needed.
1. Explain how you feel the following saying relates to service learning, civic engagement and becoming community: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” — The Golden Rule
2. Which one of Bennett’s Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity six stages do you find yourself in? Why do you think that is? What could you do to climb to the next level? Remember, you are learning and growing, so there is no right or wrong answer, so long as we are being honest with ourselves and others.
- What are three strengths/skills you would have to offer in a service-learning activity? Describe how each would benefit the community. What are three areas you would improve before performing service-learning in the community? Describe steps you would take to improve.
- Describe a time when you have given or received advice. Was it helpful? Was it not so good advice? Why? Describe two or more traits you would like to see in a mentor. Why are these traits important to you?
- Beyond making a profit, what responsibilities do businesses have toward a society in general? How would you justify Starbucks decision to not save money in the case of the polystyrene cups? In your opinion, what percentage of an organization’s efforts (time, money, manpower, etc.) should be used toward developing socially responsible policies and practices? Explain.
- If money were no issue, what is something you would do for another person or group of persons to “pay it forward” (besides buying them a cup of coffee in the drive through line)? Why would you like to do it? What do you hope would be the outcome of this act? After considering this, do you feel that it would “make a difference”? Why?
- What new ideas did you discover about the idea of community? What change do you want to see in the world? What personal skills and interests do you have that can be used to make change happen in your community?