Skip to content
- For John Dewey, what should we pay attention to if we want to understand the aesthetic value of a work of art, and how is that aesthetic value conveyed?
- For Dewey, what is the connection of “art” to everyday life?
- For Dewey, what is the value of “high art” or “fine art” compared with popular art?
- For Dewey, how is art related to imagination?
- For Dewey, what makes something an act of “artistic expression?”
- For Dewey, what factors should be considered in trying to understand an art object?
- What does Achebe mean when he claims Africa is often though of as a “foil” for Europe?
- For Achebe, how is the “humanity” of Africans portrayed in Heart of Darkness?
- For Achebe, why is Conrad’s Heart of Darkness disqualified as “art?”