Hello all looking for someone to write my discussion post nothing fancy simple writing. Can anyone have this completed within the next 2.5 hours pacific time by 11:30 pm.
All links for reading provided below
1. First read the chapter from 50 Essays.
2. Next, using at least one technique you took from the “Active Reading” chapter, actively read the following short articles from a New York Times series titled “Transgender Today”: “The Quest for Equality” (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by the New York Times Editorial Board, “No Reason to Exclude Transgender Medical Care” (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by the New York Times Editorial Board, and “Transgender Patients Face Challenges at the Hospital” (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by Abby Ellin.
3. Actively watch (that means TAKE NOTES) the short documentary “Transgender at War and in Love” (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (another part of the NYT series). It offers excellent insight into the experience of being Transgender in the military and will add depth to your discussion forum conversation.
NOTE: As you read these articles, consider the issue of insider and outsider status and how that impacts access to resources (I discuss this in the video above). How does this fit into the overall discussion of the experience of being transgendered in the United States?
Also, here is a link to a section in the NYT series titled “Transgender Lives:Your Stories” (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. It is not required for this assignment, but if you want to hear more transgender voices, it offers a wide variety of experiences and insights, both touching and heartbreaking, from folks who are part of the transgender community.
3. You will post at least one paragraph (200 words or more) on the following: what active reading techniques did you use, and how did they help you to engage more deeply with the readings? Which techniques will you use for future readings and why?
4. Post at least two paragraphs discussing the following: Choose a quote or two from one of the readings or the documentary that you think illustrates one of the themes from the reading/documentary (You may want to consider insider/outsider status and access to resources based on that status). Tell us the quote and explain how/why you believe it fits into your interpretation of the theme.