- ****Due in 12 Hrs!!!****
- ISSUE I HAVE CHOSEN: HOMELESSNESS
- Your task is to find a national or international organization that is currently working to effect positive change for the issue you have chosen. For example, if you chose an environmental issue, you might decide to evaluate Greenpeace. Example social issues and organizations.
- XYZ University has required you to find and read the following peer-reviewed article in the EBSCO library. EBSCO Quick Guide.
Vizenor, N., Souza, T., & Ertmer, J. (2016). Benefits of participating in service-learning, business-related classes: Assessing the impact on community partners. Journal for Research in Business Education, 58(1), 1-15. (Note: please be sure to check the Business Source Complete database for this article).
- You are required to cite the above article to support at least one claim you make in your week 1 assignment. Reference and Citation Quick Guide.
- Click here for the web version of the APA sample paper. Click here for a downloadable version of the APA sample paper.
Complete the following steps.
Step 1: Introduction – Introduce the social issue you have selected. Explain to your reader why this issue is important and why they should be interested. What are the benefits of service learning in causing positive change for this issue? Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 2: Community Organization – Introduce the organization you have selected. Briefly describe the organization’s historical background. What is the primary focus of the organization? How does the organization meet the communities’ needs? Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 3: Conclusion – Provide a summary of the social issue and how the organization addresses the social issue. Summarize the benefits for students and the community of performing service learning at this organization. Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 4: References – On a separate reference page, list all the references you have cited in your paper to support your claims.