LGE is one of the leading global companies in the industry. It is composed of five divisions: air conditioning, business solutions, home appliances, home entertainment, and mobile communication. LGE has 114 subsidiaries worldwide and employs around 82,000 people. LGE is a South Korean company and as such has some unique characteristics derived from the South Korean culture and economic structure.
Read several peer-reviewed articles.
· First, read three peer-reviewed articles related to the South Korean economy, chaebols, and culture.
· Then, search for at least one peer-reviewed article related to the strategic alliances.
· Next, read at least one article on human resource strategies for Multinational Corporations (MNCs).
· In addition, read a few articles related to the local and global operations of LGE.
Then, respond to the following:
· Explain the organization and purpose of chaebols.
· Identify the positive and negative characteristics of chaebols for both local and global economy. Also, explain the role they play in the South Korean economy.
· Identify the characteristics of LGE’s human resources strategy.
· Identify how this HR strategy is helping the company to deal with the diversity.
· LGE has established a number of strategic alliances with partners from all over the world. Select one of these alliances and analyze and evaluate its outcome.
Write a six-to-eight-page paper in Word format. Utilize at least five to six scholarly sources in your research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Due Tuesday 10/24/2017