Directions: Please answer three of the four following essay questions using any class notes, reading materials, or class discussion information. You MUST answer questions #1 and #2. You can choose between question #3 or question #4.
You must demonstrate to me that you understand the material we discuss in class.
Please finish before Monday, October 15th, 9 am.
Reminder:This is a course on ethical behavior. You have 3.5 hours to complete your test. You ARE NOT obligated to finish your test in one sitting.
- Question #1 (REQUIRED): Please answer the following two questions using the article “Moral Character.”
- First: Explain why character matters in our modern world.
- Second: Using your understanding of Greek moral thought, explain why virtue is so important.
- Question #2 (REQUIRED): Explain how the theorists after the Greeks viewed moral character. Pick two philosophers.
Pick ONE of the two questions below to answer.
- Question #3:
- A: State Noam Chomsky’s position or concern in his article, “What Makes Mainstream Mainstream.”
- B: If you agree with his basic position, state why you support his thesis. If you disagree with his thesis, explain why.
- Question #4: How does character and virtue come into play when encountering propaganda, censorship, and dishonesty in our daily life?