(State of Florida policies) Based on the framework , you are to critically analyze a recently enacted state policy. This should be something you have seen show up in the news, an issue you are interested in, or a policy that could have direct impact on your life. It can be anything so long as it has been voted on by your state’s legislative branch, has been approved by the executive office, and has been signed into law. To make your work a little easier, you’ll likely want to choose something that has had media/public attention and is a broad enough issue that you can find scholarly sources to provide background information. Some examples of state issues include: fracking, legalization of medical marijuana, mental health services, state budget and spending, etc.
In this 5-7 page analysis you should:
- Establish the history of the issue
- Identify the major policy concepts/contexts
- Identify the stakeholders
- Review the development and implementation of the policy (what was the policymaking process?/policy formulation, policy legitimation, policy implementation, policy evaluation, and policy change) (one or more must or all must be included in paper)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the policy and its ability to meet stated goals (if possible)(economic efficiency, ethical, effectiveness, and equity)
- Provide an analysis with recommendations for improving or modifying the policy (be sure to include your recommendations for adjustments, expansion or alternatives)(type of policy analysis: scientific, professional, and political)
- Situate your analysis in the contemporary policy literature.
5 pages and apa format, and three journal sources minimal