Write at least a paragraph for each question.
- If you had to live in any Third World Capital, which one would it be and why?
- What, in your opinion is the main reason there were Marxist revolutions in the past in places like China, Cuba, Vietnam–historical forces, regime decay, challenge from below, poverty, war?
- What are some key ways to ensure the armed forces of a Third World Country does not attempt a coup to take over the political system?
- Why do you think it was easy for the military in the Third World to take over their governments?
- Take a look at the web site www.imf.org (the International Monetary Fund). See if the information listed there would help or hinder the economic development of Third World economies.
- What were some of the successes and failures of command/Marxist economies? (i.e. the Former Soviet Union countries)?