EDU 695 Week 4 DQ 2 Theoretical Frameworks
- Theoretical Frameworks. Theories give researchers a conceptual framework for understanding problems and/or research questions. In the discussion forum, state your research question and the problem your research attempts to solve. Then, identify two to three theories that could be relevant to your study. Think about theories and theorists you have been studying in the MAED program. Identify the theorists and at least three major tenets of each theory. Summarize, in your own words, the main ideas. Make sure to cite your sources.
The following resources may help you determine relevant theories:
a. Educational Theories
- Instructional Design
- Theories of Reading
In addition to the resources above, a Google search will also yield a great deal of information.
EDU 695 Week 5 Assignment Learning Solutions
Learning Solutions. This assignment will help you with your Final Project. As a leader, you will be solving a variety of problems. Based on the research literature you reviewed, propose solutions to the instructional problem from each of the five perspectives within the context of a diverse community of learners:
a. Curriculum b. Instruction c. Evaluation d. Technology e. Policy
Identify which perspective most closely aligns with the research findings from your literature review and the knowledge base you have gained through your MAED degree program. Use examples to support your reasoning.
EDU 695 Week 5 DQ 1 Components of a Research Proposal
- Components of a Research Proposal. Reference Baron’s Guidelines for Writing Research Proposals and Dissertations. Why do you think it is important to have a formal layout for research papers? Why is it important to state the problem? What is the purpose of the literature review? What is the difference between data collection and data analysis?
EDU 695 Week 5 DQ 2 Recursive Nature of Action Research
- Recursive Nature of Action Research. One of the main traits of action research is that it is recursive which means that you make adaptations and adjustments based on ongoing evidence. Propose a possible solution to your instructional problem/research question. Think of some possible scenarios and how you would make adjustments and/or accommodations.
EDU 695 Week 6 DQ 1 Leadership Principles
Leadership Principles. Read “Leadership Principles” and respond to the following:
- Do you agree or disagree with these leadership principles? Explain why.
- Describe how you would change these principles to fit your own educational setting.
- How are you employing leadership principles in your current educational setting?
- How are you employing educational leadership principles in your research proposal?
- How will you use research to inform your leadership?
EDU 695 Week 6 Final Paper
For your Final Project, you will apply everything you learned in this course to create a research proposal. You can refine
your previous assignments accordingly. You will not be required to implement the research. The purpose is to set up a study for you to further develop at some later point in time.
Your proposal must have the following sections—please include the following headings:
- Statement of the Problem (half a page): State your rationale/purpose. Why do you want to study this? What do you perceive to be an issue or problem? Describe the context (e.g., school, students). Describe your diverse community and how that diversity may impact your study.
- Research Question (half a page): Even though your research question was developed in Week Two, you may need to change it as research questions tend to evolve as you learn more about the issue. State the question and describe how it supports your problem-solving.
- Literature Review (four to five pages): Read at least five scholarly articles about the topic. You may include the sources you listed for your written assignment in Week Three. Summarize all the information you learned about the topic. You may want to include subheadings as you categorize the findings from the other studies. Include a section describing the theoretical framework.
- Participants (half a page): Who do you plan on studying? How many people? Are you studying a specific group (e.g., state, age group, gender)? Be specific about your data sample.
- Data Collection Methods (half a page): Which methods do you plan on using (e.g., conducting interviews, focus groups, surveys)? How do you plan on conducting your study? Describe the procedures.
- Action Plan (two to three pages): Describe two phases of interventions. Indicate possible scenarios and corresponding adjustments.
- Bibliography (one page): Include a reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your paper must be a minimum of nine pages, not including title and reference pages, and must be in proper APA formatting. You must include a minimum of seven resources.