WRTG 393 students,
This discussion thread is designed to help you become familiar with OneSearch. OneSearch is a service that is available through UMUC’s Library and Information Services website. It allows a user to locate scholarly articles, trade journal articles and other resources through a single search engine.
Please watch Library Tutorial #1. You can access it in Content for Week 2:
Then answer the following questions and complete these tasks:
1. What topic are you considering for your White Paper (WA #4)?
2. Find one article on this topic by using the strategies mentioned in library tutorial #1. Then list the source in APA format and write a summary/critique of 150-200 words.
After completing those two tasks, please watch Library Tutorial #2, “Subject Search in UMUC OneSearch.” You can access it in Content for Week 2.
Then answer the following question and complete these tasks:
3. Now that you’ve perused various articles on a topic using OneSearch, has your topic changed or become more focused in any way? If so, please describe how it has changed. If not, please tell us what your topic is again.
4. Find another article on your topic for your white paper, this time using subject terms, as Library Tutorial #2 describes. List the subject terms you used.
5. List the source in APA format and write your summary/critique of 150-200 words.