Article Critique: Select a peer reviewed article that is focused on one of the following subject areas:
- Port Security
- Vulnerability of the Maritime Transportation Security (MTS)
- Vulnerability to world shipping
- Threats presented within the Maritime focused cyber space
Include the following information:
Article name and author, where published
- Is there a research question that it clearly stated or implied? If so what is it? Do you believe it is academically rigorous?
- Is there a hypothesis or thesis or central argument that is clearly stated or implied? If so, what is it?
- Does the Author answer the “So What?”Were you convinced that the study was worth doing?
- Is the study unique in any way?
- What are the main points of the article?
- What kind of literature review is provided and/or what sources are cited? How well does it fulfill that purpose?
- How well does the Author explain their method of collecting and analyzing data? Could you replicate the study based upon the article before you?
- Is there any discussion of variables? Is so, how? Does the Author look at alternative points of view?
- Do the study’s findings support the authors Goals or Thesis? How valid are they?
- Does the conclusion follow from the evidence provided? Are you persuaded by it? Why or Why Not?
- Does the Author address the implications of these results? If so, how comprehensively is this done?
- Do you notice other strengths and limitations of this study?
Length: 3-5 pages double spaced, 1″ margins, 12 pitch type in Times New Roman font left justified format.