As described in Unit VI and reinforced in Unit VII,
As described in Unit VI and reinforced in Unit VII, the expository essay is instructional and educational in that the purpose of this essay is to confer information from the author to the reader. There are many different kinds of expository writing that surround us each day. In fact, you have more than likely written in an expository manner before. Any time you have written to a friend and described the process for cooking a favorite dish, explained the process for enrolling in a fantasy football league, or explained how to plan and then execute a quilt, you were writing
- What is your topic?
- How are you approaching it?
- What do you already know about the topic?
- What do you want others to know about the topic?
- What attracted you to this topic?
- Do you have a personal interest in the topic?
- What was the inspiration for writing about this topic?
- What do you want to know about the topic?
- What kinds of research are you doing already?
- How do you feel about the drafting process so far