I need a half page analysis to this poem discussing specific elements of craft utilized by the poet and how these elements effects what the poet is attempting to communicate with their work.
10. What imagery is used? Does the poet use physical imagery or figures of speech, such as metaphors?
Use the following questions to guide you through the close reading:
1. What is the theme of the poem? What is the poet trying to say? What is the poem about?
2. What happens in the poem? Are conflicts or themes introduced? Resolved?
3. Who is the speaker? What is the “point of view” or perspective of the speaker? The perspective might be social, intellectual, political, or even physical.
4. Are there any key statements or lines that indicate meaning? Look for one key line or symbol; however, the poet may make use of recurring symbols, actions, or motifs.
5. What imagery is used? Does the poet use physical imagery or figures of speech, such as metaphors?
Link to the poem: