Based on these readings and your personal experience and knowledge, please answer the following question in an essay.
-Thinking about the way Digital Technologies affect your work as a reader and writer, do these technologies make it easier or more difficult to participate in conversations? Do they improve or degrade your thinking and writing? What is your opinion of all this? Essentially this asks: Does texting, or the use of other forms of Digital Communication, have a negative affect on your life as a student writer, reader, and critical thinker? Give your answer to this question (hint: let it be your thesis) and explain why in an essay.
1. You should have at least 2 sources, but likely you will have more.(the Readings mainly)
2. Underline your Thesis Statement.
3. Use at least two templates from TSIS. Please highlight this in yellow (See Below)
4. Try to use at least three quotes/ and/or paraphrases in your essay. Put a box around these.
- Short Readings
• IMHO” Is Digital Communication Good or Bad—or Both? by Gerald Graff
• A Ted Talk, Txting is Killing Language, JK.” by, John McWhorter (YOUTUBE VIDEO)
• Smartphone Addiction The Slot Machine in Your Pocket: Your personal slot machine: Tristan Harris on Smartphone addiction
• I agree/disagree with X’s view that __________ because, as recent research has shown, ________.
• X’s claim that _______ rests upon the questionable assumption that ______.
• I agree/disagree that _______ because my experience _______confirms it.
• X’s theory of ________ is extremely useful because it sheds light on the difficult problem of ________.
• Those unfamiliar with this school of thought may be interested to know that it basically boils down to ________.
• I agree that _______ , a point that needs emphasizing since so many people still believe _________.
• Although I disagree with much that X says, I fully endorse his final conclusion that ________ .
• Though I concede that ________ , I still insist that ________ .
• My feelings on the issue are mixed. I do support X’s position that ________ , but I find Y’s argument about _______ and Z’s research on ________ to be equally persuasive.