Diverse Workforce and Communication
In this assignment, you will study the advantages and disadvantages of a diverse workforce.
Using the Internet, research about working with or leading a diverse workforce.
You work for a large financial institution that in the past ten years has developed new products and services that appeal to a very diverse customer base located throughout the world. You have been asked by your CEO to lead an effort to discuss the importance of having a diverse workforce that can effectively serve your organization’s customer base.
Based on the scenario, complete the following tasks:
- Identify five main points you plan to make about the values of having a diverse workforce, and present a detailed sample agenda for your meeting.
- Answer the following questions in the detailed sample agenda:
- What are some of the advantages in having a diverse workforce? Mention at least five advantages.
- What are the possible conflicts that could arise due to a diverse workforce and what are some of the ways to overcome them?
- How can a common standard of work-related behavior in a diverse workforce be developed? Do the leaders need cross-cultural training?
- Do you think the leaders need to visit the major customer base areas to understand their work culture and backgrounds better? Discuss at least five relevant reasons for your answer.
- Which nonverbal communication methods generally differ between the US workforce and some of the other countries? Support your answer with examples.