Read the story and answer the question at the end. Explain your answer with as much detail as you can (you should include approximately 2-3 paragraphs).
https://americanliterature.com/author/frank-stockton/short-story/the-lady-or-the-tiger (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Read the short story, “The Necklace,” found at the this site:
https://americanliterature.com/author/guy-de-maupassant/short-story/the-necklace (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Answer all questions with complete sentences. Incomplete sentences or phrases will not receive credit.
1) What does Mme. Loisel think about her situation in life?
2) Why is she upset about the invitation at first, and why does she borrow the necklace from her friend?
3) Do you think Mme. Loisel is justified in blaming her friend for her situation?
4) This story has a bit of “irony” to it. Look up the word “irony” and then explain how this story was ironic.
5) Finally, write about whether you think material possessions can make people happy. Use examples from your own life and the life of the characters in the short story. Write at least 7 sentences in a paragraph.