DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT:
View the following resources before starting this assignment:
- Effective essay writing (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Effective Essay Writing: Introductions (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Essay Writing Template
Respond to one of the prompts in the green box on p. 147 in a fully developed five-paragraph essay. Choose one that resonates with you. The essay must include an introduction with a three point thesis, body, and conclusion. Follow MLA manuscript format. Use the Strategy Checklist on p. 165-166 and the Essay Writing Document as your guides.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
- Place your name, date, title of course (ENG 101 or ENG 102), and my name in the top left corner of the first page.
- Highlight your thesis in yellow (If not highlighted, a 10 point deduction will apply.
- Double-space the text
- Use 1″ margins all the way around
- Use a 12-point Times or Roman font
- Always have a creative title
- If applicable, a works cited page (If not added, a 10 point deduction will occur).
- ALL FINAL PAPERS ARE DUE ON THE DATE INDICATED-NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Use the WCCS Rubric as a guide for your success while you are working on your essay to determine if you are completing the assignment efficiently and effectively.
- WCCS Self-editing Checklist
- 600- 700 words
- 600 words