Part A: You have been asked to create a database model using MS Visio Database Model Diagram Template. The purpose of this lab is to provide experience designing, with limited instructions, a simple database based on a list of data requirements and associated business rules.
Upon completing this lab, you will be able to:
- create a new Visio file for database design; and
- using the data requirements and the business rules provided, develop a conceptual model (ERD), including attribute data types and required field lengths.
Part B: The lab begins with a simple example of query development using Access; then, evolves to more complex queries which the student should perform after completing the first exercise. Create a query using the wizard with query-design view or with SQL statements. The Northwind database will be used again in this lab.
Upon completing this lab, you should be able to:
- create a query by following lab instruction;
- create a query by using either Query Designer or Query Wizard;
- create a query by using SQL statements; and
- interpret the results of queries.
Part A: Step 6: YourNameLab4A.vsd (Visio Diagram)
Part B: Step 7: YourName_Lab4B_Finital.accdb (Access Database)