Topic: write a narrative essay on your experience attending college for the first time
Your Narrative essay should contain the following basic features:
· An introduction with an attention grabbing opening (hook), a well-defined message or argument (thesis), and any background information the reader needs to fully understand your story;
· Body paragraphs which a tell the story of your clear and specific, singular event that illustrates the essay thesis;
· Vivid language that works to recreate the event, including descriptions of where the event took place, the people who were involved, and the things these people said and did;
· A conclusion that briefly implicitly or explicitly reviews your story, reiterates the lessons you learned and that you hope the reader to learn, and provides a closing thought such as
o why this event is still personally significant,
o the state of your life since the event and how you feel about it,
o future plans related to the event,
o rhetorical questions for the reader, etc.
In addition to the above, the final draft of your essay should be:
.typed in Times New Roman 12pt. font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
· Uses APA style (a title page and citations as needed which are modeled in your APA guide),
· Written in first person;
· Edited for spelling, mechanical, grammatical, and typing errors